Blogs > The Life of an Intern

The official News-Herald Intern blog.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nonsense, now showing in 3D

As you've probably guessed from my previous Disney blog, I enjoy a good animated feature. Emphasis on good.
So of course I went to see Beauty and the Beast when it was re-released in another profit ploy by the company. The classics are so much more enjoyable when you are old enough to catch every lyric to every song and every slight piece of adult humor.
I mean, when it only takes you 5 million to remaster color and add 3D effects but then you make almost 30 million opening weekend, why wouldn't you recycle the classics? (See The Lion King 3D)

Apparently Disney has set the stage for other silver screen gems to return to theaters and offer us a third dimension of... fun?
Well, I guess it would be fun, if all the re-releases were exciting. Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace will be back early next month, and hopefully the others will follow.

But the more disturbing site was the poster I saw atop all the others at the local MJR: Titanic. Set to be re-released in April in 3D.
I can only imagine how thrilling it will be to watch a pre-pubescent Leondaro Dicaprio run around a boat jumping and screaming at my face. I may get coerced into seeing it with friends, where I'll promptly fall asleep and set an alarm to wake me up in time for the sinking scene so that guy that falls down the length of the ship and richochets off the propeller will smack me in the face. Then I'll promptly bribe the nice man in the projection room to loop that scene at least 4 times.
Maybe if they added a scene like this it'd do better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home