Blogs > The Life of an Intern

The official News-Herald Intern blog.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Being Part of the Community

In my short experience here as an intern with the Press and Guide I have spent a lot of time driving the Dearborn and Dearborn Heights communities and talking to residents for content. Although I've lived in Dearborn Heights since birth, I have never felt as connected to the city itself and the hustle and bustle of it's population as I do when I'm out gathering news.
Throughout this internship I have driven down roads and visited businesses I would have never stepped foot inside of if I didn't need to be there for a story. It has led me to feel both relevant to the people that read the Press and Guide, and appreciative for the unique community that Dearborn and Dearborn Heights is.
Any local newspaper serves a very important purpose to the people of its community, and I have been honored to be a part of the Press and Guide's staff.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home