Blogs > The Life of an Intern

The official News-Herald Intern blog.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Last Day

Today is my last day as an intern at the News-Herald.
It has been fun. I’m a little sad to leave although I’m happy to be graduating. Working at a Downriver paper has been great. It gave me a chance to learn about a region I live in. It’s been a blend of familiar and unfamiliar experiences since I live in Dearborn and used to live Downriver.
Being in the News-Herald’s newsroom was fun. The reporters and editors who make up the newsroom are an entertaining and funny group of people. I couldn’t have asked for more helpful and friendly people to work with while I completed my internship. I learned a lot about writing and generated a lot of clips. I even had some stories on the front page so I’m grateful for that. I also gained valuable interviewing skills as well as phone etiquette.
I had a lot of fun working on my stories too. The stories on Pearl Harbor, the Kids-TALK Advocacy Center and the legislative forum were my favorites because the whole experience was interesting and enjoyable. I met some great people. But every story I worked on turned out to be fun and interesting.
I’m glad I got a behind the scenes look at the News-Herald. I hope to freelance next year and keep in touch with everyone I’ve met over the semester.
And my favorite Disney movie is either Beauty and the Beast or Cinderella. :)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Linda said...

That was good to hear. You did manage it well. This could really help to boost your future career. :D

March 12, 2012 at 6:22 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home